Sunday, July 8, 2012

Walking Safely Along the Border

by Steve Reiss (Dalmdad Landscape Photography - www.dalmdad.com and https://www.facebook.com/Dalmdad.)

July 7, 2012 - Imperial Beach, California - The gate was supposed to be open at Border Fields State Park.  But it was not.  After using the port-a-potty, and watching some bike and horse riders prepping, I decided to do the walk, eventhough I had no idea how long it was.  So, I put on my hat, filled my pockets with drinks and power bars, set the pedometer and started some White Zombie.

There are absolutely no trees along the trail, so its entirely open to the sun.  It was in the high 70's (I guess).  The path is wide (vehicular path) and pretty much parallels the international border between US and Mexico.  Since the road is closed to vehicles, the admission booth is abandoned.


I knew I could not turn back, when I saw this.  I mean training wheels?  Come on...


Walking along the path, there is no reason to feel unsafe.  The Border Patrol is everywhere.



Plus, there are actually a bunch of other folks along the trail.



 Not exactly the shoes for the path...

Views of Tijuana...

 Tijuana Bull Fighting Ring

  Tijuana Lighthouse

Flowers along the path... 





 Views of Monument Mesa and from Monument Mesa...

Looking north towards San Diego
 Looking down on La Playa (aka beach)
 Looking at the border fences

 Views along the beach...


  Border fence also acting as breakwater.

 Long walk for a preggers.

No comments: