Monday, March 31, 2014

A Cockroach Imitating Horse

by Steve Reiss (Dalmdad Landscape Photography - www.dalmdad.com and https://www.facebook.com/Dalmdad.)


October 13, 2013:  I was driving north out of Mariposa, CA on CA-49; a drive I have done a couple of times. 


As I was zooming north, listening to Masters of Reality by Black Sabbath, I saw a couple of things I had never seen before. 

First, there was a beautiful white horse laying down in a field.  Have to admit as a city-slicker, I don't think I ever saw a horse laying down.  It actually worried me; was the horse sick or dead?




So, I got out and watched the horse lay there in the field.  I made some noises to try and get its attention so it would move and prove to me that it was not dead.

I caught its attention...


When the horse got up, it started rolling on its back in what, at least for dogs, we call the cockroach position.  That I certainly never saw before.




Content with the vibrant health of this horse, I got back into the car and continued north...What did I see next? (coming soon).
 

No comments: